North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic Series/Classic Cart Series Requirements
Any individual, firm, partnership or corporation who is interested in the promotion of the Draft horse and the competitive showing of Six-Horse hitches may become a member. Membership dues are $50.00 (US funds) for first time members, with a $50.00 (US funds) renewal fee due annually. (click here for a membership form) Dues are payable January 1st of each year. Any member is eligible to accumulate points from North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic qualifying shows. A separate paid membership is required to compete in the Classic Cart Series.
**If dues are not paid by March 31st of the current year you will not be eligible to qualify for the NASHHCS Finals.
Hitches are divided into three breed categories; Belgian, Percheron; and Clydesdale/Shire. The four hitches with the highest number of points per breed category are eligible to be invited to the NASHHCS Series Final Championship Show.
Members must have paid their dues by March 31st of each year. Members whose dues are not paid by this time are not eligible to compete in the Classic Series Championship Final, regardless of the number of points their hitch has accumulated.
Qualifying Show Membership:
- The show must be an open show in which any hitch has a chance to participate.
- The show must pay a $155.00 (US funds) per year membership fee.
- The show must have at least $2,500.00 in prize money for each Six-Horse hitch class it would like to qualify, and all $2500.00 must be paid out completely, regardless of the number of hitches in the class.
- At the completion of the show the qualifying show must submit on-line their qualifying class placings of each hitch in the class and how the premium money was paid out.
- The entire Six-Horse hitch class must be placed from top to bottom
Classic Cart Series
The Classic Cart Series will operate under the North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic Series By-Laws.
Rules for participants:
- Must have a membership number for the Classic Cart Series to enter class, this is a separate membership from Six-Horse Hitch Series.
- Must submit a valid membership number to participating show with entries.
- Any horse/driver from said member is eligible to compete.
- One entry is allowed per member per qualifying class per finals.
Rules for qualifying shows:
- Must pay dues to be a Classic Cart Series class member. For the 2015-2016 season, the dues are $150.00
- Does not have to offer a Six-Horse hitch class to offer a Classic Cart Series class.
- Must offer an open class to all breeds and gender of horse and open to any driver. Some shows will not be able to meet this requirement such as a breed specific show.
- Pay a guaranteed minimum of $1,000.00 total payout for the class.
- Must accept all entries from Classic Cart Series members but only place and pay premiums to top ten placings.
- Proof of paid membership by the exhibitor must be made to the qualifying show in order for the exhibitor to participate in the class.
- Submit results to the Administrative Secretary in a timely manner.
Rules regarding Classic Cart Series Finals:
- Top 18 finalists will be invited to participate in Classic Cart Series Finals.
- Finals will be hosted by a Board selected venue which may not always coincide with the NASHHCS Finals.
- The Classic Cart Series Finals will be a one class / one judge championship. It will be judged by a judge approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Classic Cart Series Finals is to pay a guaranteed minimum of $2,500.00.
Countdown to the 2016-2017 NASHHCS Finals -Sept. 15-17, 2017 Oklahoma State Fair, Oklahoma City, OK
Countdown to the 2016-2017 CCS Finals -Oct. 1, 2017 Eastern States Exposition, West Springfield, MA
There are no upcoming events at this time.